We understand that the COVID-19 situation is presenting many challenges to our lives. We want to alleviate some of these burdens while also keeping you and our staff safe. Here is an update you what is happening at Waldon Works.
In light of recent news regarding COVID-19, we have implemented policies in line with what Health Canada is recommending.
Client: At this time we recommend that you not be at the inspection. We have always done a full walkthrough of the home with the clients when we have finished the inspection, and that hasn’t changed. The only difference now is we ask to do it virtually, via videoconference. We prefer to use FaceTime, WhatsApp, or Google Duo.
Buyer’s Agent: Although you need to be there to let us in to the property, at this time we ask that if possible (vacant house, or prior arrangement with the listing Realtor or seller) you, the agent, wait in your vehicle during the inspection. If you need to be present in the property, please let us know and we will ensure we maintain 2m distance at all times.
Seller’s Agent: We normally show up 30 minutes before the inspection time to get started on the exterior. We ask that the seller vacate the property at least 15 minutes before we arrive (45 minutes prior to the scheduled inspection time).
If you or the seller (or anyone in the respective households) have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 21 days, have come in contact with someone who has, or if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, we kindly ask to reschedule to a later date:
- Shortness of Breath
During inspections we will:
- Wear disposable gloves during every inspection. If they get torn or need to be removed for any purpose, we will wash our hands thoroughly and use new gloves.
- Bring paper towels for drying our hands.
- If available, we’ll keep hand sanitizer nearby and use it when needed.
- We will not shake hands or bump fists.
- We will avoid touching our faces.
- If requested, our inspectors will wear a mask during the inspection.
- We will wipe down any tools and instruments we use during the inspection, and indoor shoes before and after each inspection.
- If any of our inspectors have a fever or cough, we will not conduct the inspection.
- If any of our inspectors have been exposed to COVID-19, we will not conduct the inspection.
Our schedule has not changed so far, although it may change as more best practices around COVID-19 become available. Rest assured, we will do everything we can to keep you and our greater community safe.
Thank you again for trusting us with your clients’ inspections and please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.