Careers with Inspection Works
Be Part of Our Mission, Vision, Values, and Culture
Inspection Works is one of the leading Home Inspection companies in the Edmonton area, often doing inspections of properties an hour or more outside the city.
Inspection Works was formed to provide the very best in inspection services to our clients by providing professional, thorough, unbiased assessments and inspections in Edmonton and the surrounding area. We are known for providing highly detailed reports that enable our clients to make the most informed decisions about how to proceed, whether they are the current property owner or are considering buying the property.
We offer our clients a “one-call shop” experience by offering home, acreage, sewer line, and WETT inspections, as well as asbestos and water testing. We can also connect with other professionals as needed to provide the best possible seThey formed inspection Worksrvice to our clients.
Our motto is “Putting our client’s minds at ease.” We do that by presenting information with a problem-solving mindset. Having two experienced, friendly and licensed inspectors at the inspection gets us through the house quickly and enables the Inspectors to consult as needed for trickier issues.
We work hard to create a helping-focused and friendly culture within the company. While we are professional in attitude, we also use humour to reduce stress both for ourselves and our clients. “Constant improvement” is one of our values. We welcome the creative input of team members and consider the clients we work with as part of that team.
Our inspectors go above and beyond the conventional expectations of the industry to ensure that we are always providing the best possible service available. Because of that vision, we have built a loyal following of referrals and clients alike. As a result, we are growing and need entrepreneurial-minded home inspectors that take pride in their work.
Ready for more?
- Do you have a knack for recognizing details that others have missed?
- Are you a self-motivated person that takes pride on being professional and punctual?
- Do you like the idea of being involved with a growing business and the opportunity that presents?
- Have people recognized your positive personality and adaptability?
- Are you a problem solver versus just a problem identifier?
Critically important to the growth and success of our company operations and reputation, our home inspectors will provide our clients with the best possible inspection experience. You will be involved in most aspects of our process for inspections.
Our home inspectors will also be involved in the further expansion of our company. As a new employee for a young and growing company, we expect a wide range of flexibility for each new person we hire; the responsibilities will likely include more than a conventional home inspector role.
1. Have clear communication with all stakeholders
- A pleasant and professional impression that leads to successful repeat business is a must.
- Timely, organized and detailed communication skills, both verbal and written, are critical
- The positive and enthusiastic acceptance of agreed responsibilities and eagerness to be involved in our success.
- Active listening is critical to identify issues and significant areas of concern.
- Building rapport with other team members and stakeholders will be an area to develop and refine over time.
2. Manage a physical workload and schedule.
- Lift 50 lbs. correctly and periodically.
- Correctly set up and climb ladders periodically to access, analyze, and assess issues. This will include walking on roofs when safe to do so at heights, typically up to 20′ off the ground.
- Be punctual to ensure project safety and timelines with high-demand clientele.
- Understand efficiency relating to manual tasks versus the use of equipment.
- Ensure all details are correct and that work occurs in a time-efficient manner to maintain schedules.
- Accurately complete any reporting relating to project completion.
- Maintain all equipment and job sites at all times.
3. Other responsibilities:
- Follow the direction of the Owner/Manager and clients as required
- Adhere to all legislative, insurance and other applicable requirements.
- Complete basic and complex tasks for each inspection project as required or requested by the Owner/Manager and clients.
- Identify and communicate any potential issues to the Owner/Manager and clients before the start of each project.
- Communicate any dangerous, seriously damaged or faulty items to the Owner/Manager and clients, and notify the property owners of said items.
- Follow all directions, processes and programs related to the safe and proper work of all projects.
- Take all due care and attention to ensure that all equipment, materials, sites, and property are unaffected and undamaged during each project.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Have average computer skills and experience
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude. Able to deal effectively with all stakeholders, including team members, clients and vendors.
- Are presentable and respectable, always within a client-facing construction contractor role.
- Have good written and oral communication skills
- Are fluent in English and easy to understand.
- Have strong time management and organizational skills
- Can juggle multiple priorities and tasks and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Can show initiative and identify and communicate potential improvements.
- Can work independently and as part of a larger team.
- Can seize ideas and retain the information for future use.
Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary certification in a Building Trade (electrician, carpenter etc.) as a home inspector or a diploma in a construction-oriented program is preferred but not necessary.
- If you haven’t already, you must train and fulfill the requirements to become an Alberta-licensed Home Inspector.
- Previous renovation experience within residential or commercial construction is a significant asset and might offset the lack of formal education.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Fast-paced work environment.
- Remote environments, project job sites, Monday to Friday, or Tuesday to Saturday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM rotating shifts, though because of the project orientation of this position, additional and flexible hours may be required to serve the needs of our clients.
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license for work are required. We must present a satisfactory driving abstract for our files before employment.
- All employees are required to complete pre-employment testing and a criminal background check.
We offer a competitive compensation structure consisting of a base wage with the opportunity for variable compensation. We will provide an opportunity to grow with the company and gain responsibility over time.
Please note that all employees will be required to complete pre-employment screening consisting of references, employment verification, and criminal background checks.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $56,815 – $87,697.00 per year
- Health & dental benefits
- Annual bonus eligibility
- Schedule: Monday to Friday, Weekend availability
Instructions to apply:
- Click the “Apply Now” button below to be taken to our “Contact Us” form.
- In the form, paste your cover letter into the body of the message.
- Format your resume as a PDF document.
- Click “Choose file” and attach your resume.
- If you wish to include other applicable files, compress all of them, including your resume, into a single .zip file. Limit: 8 MB.